Do you suffer from tooth loss? This is a common dental problem for both kids and adults and is primarily caused by tooth decay, periodontal disease, or injury. The most popular solutions for a missing tooth are dentures and bridges, but dental implants are now available with the advent of technology.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are surgical features used as a replacement for tooth roots. They provide a strong foundation to support the missing tooth replacement and prevent bone deterioration. Dental implants look, feel, and function like real teeth, so you won’t even notice their difference from the real ones.
There are many advantages that you can enjoy when choosing dental implants as a solution to your missing teeth. If you are still in doubt, here are some of the benefits it offers:
· Improved Appearance. Dental implants are designed to look like your original teeth. They fuse with your bone, so they become a permanent part of the mouth. They also come in different sizes and shapes to match your original set of teeth.
· Improved Speech. It’s a common scenario for poor-fitting dentures to slip within the mouth and affect your speaking ability. Because dental implants are designed to become fixed tooth replacements, you don’t have to worry that your teeth might slip when you talk.
· Improved Comfort. Removable dentures are a bit uncomfortable and embarrassing at some point. Dental implants are anchored into your jaw; you don’t have to remove them from your gums.
· Restore Bite Force. Other tooth replacement options do not restore the bite force better than a dental implant. Since they are fixed in your jaw with a titanium post, you can bite with more or less the same amount of force as your natural teeth.
· Won’t Get Cavities. Do you know that the materials used for your dental implants do not decay? You never have to worry about getting cavity buildup in your mouth. Maintenance is also as easy as the usual brush and floss that you do to your original teeth.
· Supports Adjacent Teeth. The missing tooth gap can cause the neighboring teeth to shift positions. Dental implants fill the gap and provide support to maintain the normal position of your gums.
· Durability. Dental implants last for many years and even a lifetime if given proper care and attention.
· Improved Self-esteem. Dental implants bring back your confidence and help you feel better about yourself.
Do You Need Dental Implants In Maryville, TN?
Tennessee Valley Oral Surgery provides dependable dental implants in Maryville, TN, and nearby communities. There are various dental implants, but with our expertise, skills, and experience, we can help you find the perfect solution to your dental concerns. We will explain every detail of the surgery and recommend the best dental implant for your unique needs.
Schedule your appointment with our dentists at Tennessee Valley Oral Surgery! Drs. Laporte and Slater can’t wait to see you around the clinic and bring back the happy smile on your face!